cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Good morning,

I am trying to prepare for a huge software upgrade this weekend in my practice and wanted to remote install the various Autodesk software. I have followed the Autodesk instructions to prepare a deployment version and created a package. However, it keeps failing and i can't work out why. Any help gratefully received.
9 REPLIES 9
Mardy
Engaged Sweeper
Can I have the deployment setup for the Autodesk, please.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Yeah Autodesk products have been the bain of my existence here, due to their size and our staff alot work from 4G Dongles (Celluar).

I have found it best to copy locally to the machine (temp folder) install, then delete temp folder.
CyberCitizen wrote:
Yeah Autodesk products have been the bain of my existence here, due to their size and our staff alot work from 4G Dongles (Celluar).

I have found it best to copy locally to the machine (temp folder) install, then delete temp folder.

That's what i was doing originally, but with 59 PCs it is a right pain to do! If you like, i can share my deployment packages for each (of course you have to do the "create deployment" from the product first) along with a combined patch deployment package.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Good to hear you got it working.

Must be that the install required full administrative permissions (which are the scanning credentials).
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for your reply. Just before i saw your response i've managed to resolve it. It was partly because the instructions from Autodesk have an error in them that i managed to correct (they left a space inside the quotation path...) and it seems to only work with Lansweeper if it's deployed used Scanning Credentials and does not like System Account.

Thank you for the help
MasterDoddy wrote:
...it seems to only work with Lansweeper if it's deployed used Scanning Credentials and does not like System Account...

thanks for this! I also happen to be in the midst of an AutoDesk upgrade this weekend, and while I'd swear my deployment pkgs were working from lansweeper a month ago, they weren't yesterday, and I couldn't figure out why, until I found this thread. fixed my issue! Best of luck with your upgrades!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The error would indicate that the command you used in not correct. However it's not always the issue.

To test the deployment command, you can do the following:

• Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package step
  • Replace {PackageShare} with the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options
  • Paste the command into a command prompt on an example target machine and run it.
Genreally speaking, if the deployment works when using the command prompt, it should also work with Lansweeper.
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Apologies, i meant to put that in originally. This is the message that shows:

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (Service account - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM). ShareCredential: (gfa\simon.dodd).
Command: "\\CDF-GFA-DCF-02\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2019\Img\Setup.exe" /W /qb /I \\CDF-GFA-DCF-02\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2019\Img\AutoCAD 2019.ini /Trial /language en-us
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Could you share the errors you are getting in the deployment log? They usually give some indication and point to a specific step where the deployment failed.