General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Helpdesk Widget

Hi allI've recently started using Lansweeper for monitoring our workstations. I didn't have any intention to use the helpdesk function, but the more I play around with it I see many benefits to the team.While giving my boss a demo of it and the dashb...

Rad_Tech by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! PC showing on wrong switchport

We've noticed that sometimes, not all of the time, that PCs connections to switchports showing in Lansweeper are incorrect. We haven't investigated it much, but it may be related to laptops that move around.We're using Cisco switches. Currently the...

FULL Asset Export to another LanSweeper Instance

Hi there.I've got a situation where I need to inventory a lot of different networks and/or PCs on different locations globally.There is no single connection for all of these scattered PCs and domains, to connect to a centralized LanSweeper server, t...

Windows Operating System Licenses

Hellowe habe a few ESXi Server with Microsoft Datacenter Licenes on it.So we have 20-30 Windows Server on every ESXi Hardware. From Server 2012 to 2019All Licenes are coverd in MS Datacenter.But Also we have 20 Hardware Server with Widnows Server 201...

Braunbert by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local admin account with DCOM

Can we use this article to lower the rights given to the scan accounthttps://campus.barracuda.com/product/websecuritygateway/knowledgebase/501600000013UxgAAE/How+can+I+create+a+user+with+WMI+query+permission%3F/I tried it on my machine without luck; ...

B_L_ by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Change computer name by custom field

Hello, I am looking for action which would help me rename computers in network. The perfect solution would be rename computer by Custom field(we have "Inventory number"), so we can identify these computers easier and have everything organized. I thin...

pamarovis by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolution Report

Is there a report that can be generated to identify the resolution by problem? Such as printer, phone, workstation, etc?