General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Azure

Hi, I can see all the Azure servers on Lansweeper, but not the software for each server? Anyone else having this issue? 

Create a new asset using API

Is there any way I can create a new asset using the Lansweeper API? I read the API documentation, and it offers edit and delete assets, I didn't find any API for creating a new one.

yzeng by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to scan a non-domain W7 Asset

Hello,I have a Windows 7 machine on my network, but it is not part of my domain.LanSweeper can find it but cannot scan it, error "Scanning Access Denied".I have checked the user and password that LSweeper is trying to use when scanning this asset and...

TCS by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NEW PC SETUP

Hey all, was wondering if any of you know of an easy way to do the below:- ) Assign PC new name- ) Add to domain- ) Add domain user to administrators Group- ) Make sure all updates are current- ) Install new softwareIs it possible to do all of this f...

Tkinnie by Engaged Sweeper
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deleting Attachments

Hi,I can't seem to find a function within the Lansweeper helpdesk that will allow me to delete attachments from a ticket .Please help.Thank you

ShellRunAs action in Lansweeper

Hello We have 3 domains with different password. In domain 1, we have lansweeper installed. in order to start service or something else on other computer in other domain I need administrator rights.I want to use "ShellRunas" for that. can someone tel...

DavidL by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location -> ipLocation Undefined

Hello,I set up different locations and IPLocations.When I look at the list of all the locations I notice it says "Undefined" for every location in the "IPLocation" column.Can anyone tell me how I can connect a location to its IPLocation?Thank you!

How do you scan your assets on your network?

Hello all,I just recently purchased a license for Lansweeper and am enjoying it so far. My intention is to make sure that I'm keeping it as secure as possible. What are you scanning setups? Do you have Lansweeper on a server segmented off on its own ...

OycAdmin by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Add Document as File Link

Is it possible to add a document to an asset as a file link? Instead of uploading the document to the IIS server we would like to just have a file link to our file server. Doing so we could keep the directory structure and retain access to the files ...

mowo by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fonts

Hey I am needing to create a package to deploy a set of fonts to every PC. I have no idea where to begin with this, so any and all info will be helpful. I have the fonts in a zipped folder.Please advise?

Tkinnie by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing/Editing tblComputerSystem.DomainRole

I've inherited Lansweeper from previous agents, and so far, I love it. Wish I'd had it in past jobs!Many of the reports can differentiate between servers and workstations by referencing a value called tblComputerSystem.DomainRole which is very useful...