General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Asset history and ensuring an asset doesn't get deleted?

Is there a way for Lansweeper to maintain a history of an asset for when things change? For example, if the name or IP address of the asset change, is there a way for Lansweeper to keep a record of that change?Also, is there a way to prevent Lansweep...

blasto by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Survey: Performance Data Table Size

Hello everyoneFor those that use performance data in the new Spring update - can you share your database table size for that data in comparison to the event log table size?Thanks!

JacobH by Champion Sweeper III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! IT Agents asset scope

Good day,I was wondering whether it is possible to define scopes in the asset management similar to what exists in the Helpdesk so teams can only have access to determined assets groups.So far I've only seen how to restrict the actions available over...

imendez by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

License key scanning improvements

Hi everyone,As you might know, Lansweeper will automatically scan licenses in your network provides they can be found in the registry of your machines (found in Software\License Key Settings).By default, there is quite a large list of registry keys w...

Esben_D by Lansweeper Employee
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stale Data After Reimage

Hi,We are running into an issue where incorrect data persists when re-imaging a computer. We usually like to keep assets in Lansweeper after a re-image because the history is able to be searched and reported on. The only issue with this that we fea...

dscoland by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dell Monitor Serial Numbers

I'm using Lansweeper to populate the CMDB in Cherwell and I need to sync it with our existing data in another ITSM program. Our inventory team captures the Dell monitor model and serial number, but Lansweeper is showing the service tag numbers, not t...

jwaldeck by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos