General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Firefox Plugin Fails after update

I just updated my Firefox browser (32 bit) to version 52.0.1 and now the Lansweeper plugin doesn't work. I have tried all sorts of different approaches like Run as Administrator and such but no luck. Anyone else having problems?

malbanese1 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Renaming Detection

Hello,We have renaming detection enabled. But this just doesn’t work in our environment. We have a scheduled scan every day and a lsclient is run at userlogon (in case computer is offline on schedule). No matter how its detected, every time we rename...

dop by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Hyper-V Guest info

The canned report does not produce certain types of info that I would like on a Hyper-v Guest. Is it possible to grab the "type" of memory allocated (static vs dynamic) and if dynamic then the startup Ram, Min Ram and Max Ram?I can do it in powershel...

AZHockeyNut by Champion Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Link registry scan to asset custom fields

Is there any way to do this? Bit of a Lansweeper newbie.We want to have the content of a registry key created by group policy to link back to a custom asset field. That way we can just view the machine summary and view the required information.Failin...

kal by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display Custom Field in Summary

Under Asset Management, Asset Pages, Asset Custom Fields I have edited Fields Custom01 and Custom02 as combo boxes and populated selectable values for each.How do I display these Custom fields on the summary page for each asset as a quick reference?

rsellers by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Multiple scanning

I'm going to prepare 2 different servers where to install the lansweeper service (more than 20.000 items to scan).My questions:- if I configure both services to scan the whole AD (with no either sites or OU filters) what is going to happen?- all asse...

paprita by Champion Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Import to Lansweeper from Access DB

We have/had been manually keeping up an Access DB for all PC on the network. One key field in the DB is the PC's location. Putting in a Asset location seems to be a manual process per device.What I would like to know is there any documentation on how...

rsellers by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Security Lapses in LANsweeper

in Lansweeper dashboard, when u select user PC , on the Left side u see Open C$, which means u can enter users C drive and as well as any drive in user computer, this is such a huge security loophole that anyone who comes to know will never purchase ...