cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomaszHolderny
Engaged Sweeper

We get constant notifications on our QNAP system about blocked SMB1 logon attempt from Lansweeper scan server.

We don't use Workgroup scanning target - only AD and IP Range.

How to stop scan server from using SMB1 protocol?

5 REPLIES 5
TomaszHolderny
Engaged Sweeper

I have SMB1 disabled on all my servers, including the one hosting Lansweeper Scan Server. Yet i still get smb1 login errors in audit logs.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-15 102642.png

Hello there!

We would recommend opening a support case for further assistance: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact/contact-support/

TomaszHolderny
Engaged Sweeper

So if i understand correctly Lansweeper is using deprecated SMB1 protocol with stored credentials to scan the network (even if i don't have workgroup scan target set up) and there is no way to disable it? Isn't it a security risk?

Hello there!

Disabling the SMBv1 protocol should be done on the relevant systems/networks and falls outside the scope of Lansweeper support. But Lansweeper will indeed try all available protocols.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Lansweeper doesn't require having SMBv1 enabled to function, but within Lansweeper, there is no configuration option to tell Lansweeper not to try this protocol. As you correctly hinted, due to their reliance on the old SMB1 protocol, Workgroup scanning targets are marked as deprecated.