cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
If not, any suggestions on how to enable that? It would be good to have a self-service portal for that sort of thing.
5 REPLIES 5
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Are you referring to end users / staff being able to reset their password vs say support staff?
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
CyberCitizen wrote:
Are you referring to end users / staff being able to reset their password vs say support staff?

I was hoping to allow end users to do so. Although they can change it using Windows as normal, this would be easier for them. No more excuses for expired passwords 🙂
pryan67 wrote:
CyberCitizen wrote:

I was hoping to allow end users to do so. Although they can change it using Windows as normal, this would be easier for them. No more excuses for expired passwords 🙂

I don't believe that would work as the end user would need admin rights to be able to reset their password. The other issue is if their account is locked out, how can they access the network resource?

You would need to look as something that allows the users to reset their password at the login screen.

Something like this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/tutorial-sspr-windows
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is possible, yes.

Just make sure the user has permissions to view and run basic actions and then configure which actions are basic for you in Configuration\User Pages and Configuration\Asset Pages.

One side note is that the user will need asset management access, since the basic action permission falls under asset management access. At a minimum, this means they will be able to view assets and reports, aside from running basic actions on users and assets.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Esben.D wrote:
It is possible, yes.

Just make sure the user has permissions to view and run basic actions and then configure which actions are basic for you in Configuration\User Pages and Configuration\Asset Pages.

One side note is that the user will need asset management access, since the basic action permission falls under asset management access. At a minimum, this means they will be able to view assets and reports, aside from running basic actions on users and assets.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I don't know that it's worth the potential trouble to give them access to reports and running actions against other users and assets.