cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wysedata
Engaged Sweeper
I ran Lansweeper.vbs on a Windows domain controller and it may have broken it. It may also be a coincidence. Does anyone know if this is possible and what in the script might have broken it?
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I see. Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to forward the information to our documentation team so a warning can be added during the next revision of the article.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What exactly broke in your AD?

I'm sure it will be a coincidence as I've never heard of anything like this happening. The script itself is not that complex, so you can take a look at it and revert the changes that it did to see if any of them caused it.

Should it turn out that it was one of the things in the script, be sure to let me know so I can forward the information.

Charles.X wrote:
What exactly broke in your AD?

I'm sure it will be a coincidence as I've never heard of anything like this happening. The script itself is not that complex, so you can take a look at it and revert the changes that it did to see if any of them caused it.

Should it turn out that it was one of the things in the script, be sure to let me know so I can forward the information.

Sorry for the late reply. I finally figured it out. It didn't break AD, but what the lansweeper.vbs does is reset DCOM. We had an application that gives restricted users DCOM launch access. Lansweeper reset DCOM to defaults, wiping out all our custom permissions. Initially I though it had screwed with AD because we had permission errors.

I did look at the script, and I incorrectly interpreted it as resetting the default values, which I don't care about, but it actually resets the limits as well.

I think there should be a warning that if anyone has custom DCOM settings, lansweeper.vbs will kill them.