cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddarlage
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey Everyone,

I have been able to deploy Chrome to users boxes that do not have Chrome. However, when I try to upgrade updated versions using the GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.msi /update and any other switch it just fails.

How has everyone else been upgrading their Chrome Browsers with Lansweeper?
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
In general, I recommend testing the failed step of a deployment package manually, if possible using the same account under which you are deploying.

For testing the commands:
  • Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed. This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well. If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package. If it doesn't it is usually caused because the file can't be accessed or found.
ddarlage
Engaged Sweeper II
I am getting this error when doing it that way.

Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (900sec).

So I was trying to copy the installer package to the local box.

These boxes I am trying this on our outside the country where the LanSweeper box is located.

However, when I do this I get this error.

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (corp\ddarlage_admin). ShareCredential: ().
Command: C:\Users\Public

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You don't need to copy the installer to a local folder. The easiest way to running the MSI installer is to place it in your Packageshare and just run it from there.

Chrome deployment

ddarlage
Engaged Sweeper II
Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (domain). ShareCredential: (LanSweeperbox\lansweeper).
Command: c:\Users\Public\Downloads\GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.msi /quiet

I know the package was installed as I was on the box when the script was running. I seen lansweeper copied it over.

Result: Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. Stop(Failure). Credential: (). ShareCredential: (\lansweeper).
Command: msiexec.exe /i c:\Users\Public\GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise64.msi /quiet
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I did a quick test last week on my test VM which was successful.

What error are you getting in your logs?