cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhunter
Engaged Sweeper II

Hey,

I am new to Lansweeper, and I'm trying to sort out all of my inventory and having particular trouble with our Cisco Nexus 9k switches. I am using Lansweeper Cloud and not Lansweeper Classic.

I have SNMP v3 and 2c configured on the Nexus switch to allow scans from the Lansweeper server. When I scan the device from the app, by default it created the device as a Linux asset type with the IP as the name of the device and no other information. It also said invalid SSH Credentials, although I did provide valid SNMP credentials.

The next step I took was to create a target with only the IP of the switch, and only gave it SNMP credentials. That scan did return some results, but they are invalid. For instance, the name was changed to Syntax error while parsing 'hostname; printf " $?"'.

My final test was to run the device tester from the scan server. I compared those results with the Paessler SNMP tester, which I ran from the same server. Devicetester.exe gets very few results, while Paessler returns 60,000+ results. I included the full devicetester log and a screenshot of the Paessler log.

Has anyone had any experience with this or found a way to solve. FYI - I did try using this guide I saw linked in another post, but since I get the same results with SNMP v2c then I didn't think that was the problem.

Thanks,
Rodney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rhunter
Engaged Sweeper II

It's possible I've lost my mind, but new assets were created, and SNMP scans worked without me making any changes since I've posted this. I wish I knew what the original issue was and how it was fixed, but I am going to make this as the solution. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rhunter
Engaged Sweeper II

It's possible I've lost my mind, but new assets were created, and SNMP scans worked without me making any changes since I've posted this. I wish I knew what the original issue was and how it was fixed, but I am going to make this as the solution. 

rom
Champion Sweeper III

I apologize to ask this, but did you delete the asset and start over scanning it?

rhunter
Engaged Sweeper II

Good question. I should have specified that when I created the target with this devices specific IP, I deleted the assets before running the scan. I have also deleted them once or twice outside of that.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now