cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK_AT_HBK
Engaged Sweeper

Being a LS newbie i seem to have a steep learning curve in front of me.

running version 10.xx, it is not clear to me what the snmp importer actually does !

does it literally import the mibs / structure into the LS db and uses that while scanning or does it just make the snmp txt syntax more readable and searchable once "import is done".

is it also correct that the i then select those OID and move those OID to custom OID filter ... that can be attached to a (IP-) scan  ?

thanks for advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

With the MIB Importer, you can upload your MIB files and view their content. You can search your MIB files for specific keywords to easily find the OIDs and thus, the data you want to scan. These uploaded files are not stored in your local database, but instead, they are sent to cloud storage.

The Lansweeper product team can review all files uploaded by users. Once they are tested, they can be approved to make them available for all users querying the MIB Library.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TK_AT_HBK
Engaged Sweeper

hi obi wan,

i was reading this KB and that raised the question that i posted :

is the MIB actually stored in the Database of LS or just an adhoc beautifier eyecandy to make the txt content of the mib more readyable and searchable ...

Is it correct that customers can submit requests to include MIBs which are than shipped with the next LS refresh ?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

With the MIB Importer, you can upload your MIB files and view their content. You can search your MIB files for specific keywords to easily find the OIDs and thus, the data you want to scan. These uploaded files are not stored in your local database, but instead, they are sent to cloud storage.

The Lansweeper product team can review all files uploaded by users. Once they are tested, they can be approved to make them available for all users querying the MIB Library.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

For more information regarding the MIB importer, you can consult the following KB article: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/introduction-to-the-mib-importer-and-mib-l...

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now