cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmbarnett
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there only one server allowed to be a cloud relay per license?
10 REPLIES 10
bmbarnett
Engaged Sweeper III
We have separate full Lansweeper installs at each location. Each location does not know anything about any of the others. It sounds like the Cloud connect is tied to license key and not Licence key+Scan server or some other way to make each unique.

I hope this feature makes it to a release soon. I was looking forward to getting this set up. Thanks for your help.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
bmbarnett wrote:
We have separate full Lansweeper installs at each location. Each location does not know anything about any of the others. It sounds like the Cloud connect is tied to license key and not Licence key+Scan server or some other way to make each unique.

That is correct. However, there is a reason for this. Lansweeper allows for 1 production installation per license. Because of this and until we have a better way of splitting asset management permissions, only 1 relay key is allowed per license key.

If you are running multiple installations with the same key (which is not allowed) you can only use the relay in one of them.

bmbarnett
Engaged Sweeper III
Charles.X wrote:
bmbarnett wrote:

That is correct. However, there is a reason for this. Lansweeper allows for 1 production installation per license. Because of this and until we have a better way of splitting asset management permissions, only 1 relay key is allowed per license key.

If you are running multiple installations with the same key (which is not allowed) you can only use the relay in one of them.

Our license shows Ultimate with 11 scan servers, 11 databases, and 11 companies and 1000 assets. Can you verify what isn't allowed?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
bmbarnett wrote:
Our license shows Ultimate with 11 scan servers, 11 databases, and 11 companies and 1000 assets. Can you verify what isn't allowed?

I see, I wasn't aware you had one of those special licenses. They are very uncommon. Unfortunately, at the moment there is a set limit of one cloud relay key per license key. In your case I would recommend contacting our sales team and asking them what exactly is included in your license and the best course of actions is.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Just to avoid confusion, in order to isolate assets in the way you described, you'll need multiple licenses (one for each site). The Lansweeper data will always be stored in one database, meaning that even if you have multiple scanning servers, they will all send data to the same database, and people can view all the assets in that single database.

This particular feature is already on our list of thing to do in the future. However, I've added your topic to the list of people requesting the feature.
Since there is no way to split asset permissions based on site, there is also no need for multiple LsAgent keys per installation, since all assets are in the same database anyway.

If you have a multi-scanserver installation, and you are using a direct connection (so no relay server) you can choose which scanserver is tried first, and if there are any other scanservers that should be checked afterwards if the first scanserver connection fails.

linked direct scanservers

If you are using the relay, you can choose which scanning server is used to fetch the data from our cloud server.

cloud relay config

If you do have multiple licenses, one for each site, you can request a cloud relay key for each installation and simply use the correct relay key with the correct LsAgent installations.

I hope this clears things up
bmbarnett
Engaged Sweeper III
I posted this before I created a ticket and support is saying that it can be done. Here is the ticket number LAN #690937 "requesting relay access"
bmbarnett
Engaged Sweeper III
We have a scan server in each office A, B, C that scans and track's everything in that office. I want to keep enable Cloud relay for each so office A scan server doesn't know about anything in office B. I.E Siloed/isolated
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Maybe I'm missing your use case, could you elaborate what you mean? If I can understand it better and it is something that can be improved on I can create a feature request for it.
bmbarnett
Engaged Sweeper III
There is if you want to keep the scans isolated.