cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strad1c
Engaged Sweeper
When Lansweeper scans/adds new computers to its database it doesn't populate/update the Custom fields 'Location', 'Building' or 'Department' from Active Directory.

I have these entered in AD and it would be great if I didn't have to manually update them in Lansweeper.

Is there a way to do this I have overlooked?

Ps: IP Address Location is working fine, I am just looking for the additional functionality for reporting.

I found this query but it doesn't seem to work anymore:

UPDATE tblCompCustom
SET Location = tblADComputers.Location
FROM tblCompCustom INNER JOIN
tblADComputers ON tblCompCustom.Computername = tblADComputers.Computername

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
prighi61
Engaged Sweeper III
You can try this:

UPDATE tblAssetCustom
SET Location = tblADComputers.Location
FROM tblAssetCustom
INNER JOIN tblADComputers ON tblAssetCustom.AssetID = tblADComputers.AdcomputerID
where tblADComputers.Location is not null
strad1c
Engaged Sweeper
Hey,

thanks for your reply.

I just want to update the custom location field with the location informationen from the AD scan.

The script above seemed to have work in the past, unfortunately it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks!
Andy_Sismey
Champion Sweeper III
So the only AD attributes scanned by Lansweeper are :

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/active-directory-user-and-computer-attributes-scanned-by-lansweeper/

Computer attributes
BitLocker recovery key
Comment
Company
Description
Groups
OU
Status (enabled or disabled)

So the only field it will scan will be Location, do you gave as can setup for "Active Directory Computer Path" to pull this data in ?

So as I understand it, if the device is scanned via IP the Active Directory data will only appear once AD has been Completed, which is usually once a day ?

Cheers

A