cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikkol
Engaged Sweeper
I could not find any documentation on this, hence the question here. What are the conditions under which Lansweeper will merge two assets? We have had at least one incorrect merge where an old asset that we had marked inactive and also changed its name in the database was merged with a new asset and now many pieces of information, like the barcode, location and purchase date are incorrect. The only thing I could find is that it merges based on MAC address, but that cannot be the case here because they have two separate network adapters.
1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper will merge assets in the following circumstances:
  • If they have the same unique key within Lansweeper. More on unique keys here.
  • If they share any MAC address, assets sometimes have a generic interface with a non-unique MAC address, this can cause unwanted asset merging in some cases. To prevent this, generic MAC addresses can be added to the table tsysMacBlacklist.
    If you are experiencing these kinds of merges I'd recommend contacting support@lansweeper.com so we can help you out with blacklisting MACs.
  • Windows rename detection, which will merge assets with matching MAC, model and serial number, if this feature is enabled. More on this feature here.