cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mapotofu
Engaged Sweeper II

I sent an email to support too, but thought I'd run over here in case this was an easy fix.

We were previously on 10.2.4 and we upgraded to 10.3.2. However, now it is stuck at "Update in progress". I found that this was due to the update somehow deleting our database instance. For reference, we use an SQL Server (localdb)\.\LSInstance and we only use this one server for Lansweeper.

The errorlog shows that the database server could not be found. I used to be able to access the database in SSMS using Windows Authentication, but that doesn't work anymore and I don't know the password to lansweeperuser (I did try mysecretpassword0*).

However, the biggest question mark is that in Services.msc, I do not see the Lansweeper LocalDB Service!

In Lansweeper.LocalDB.Service.txt, it showed that the LocalDB instance was deleted:

mapotofu_0-1670542678204.png

I still have the lansweeperdb.mdf file present, and I have old backups if needed too.

Re-running the 10.3.2 Lansweeper Setup file will have the "Upgrade" option greyed out. If I try the Advanced install and uncheck the "New Lansweeper" options, it says "No existing Lansweeper LocalDb database found".

I've already tried going through all the troubleshooting pages, but I know I'm just missing the database part. For the life of me I just can't seem to figure it out though. Hopefully someone will be able to point me (and our database) in the right direction. Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Not all is lost when you still have the .mdf file, and you can follow these instructions to restore your Lansweeper installation: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/quick-tech-solutions/moving-from-sql-local-db-to-sql-server-when...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mapotofu
Engaged Sweeper II

I am not sure where or what the .pem and .key files are, but I was able to convert the database from an SQL LocalDb to an SQL Server.  Thank you for your reply! 

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Not all is lost when you still have the .mdf file, and you can follow these instructions to restore your Lansweeper installation: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/quick-tech-solutions/moving-from-sql-local-db-to-sql-server-when...

This was exactly what the support team came back to me with! 

From the installation log file, it appears SQL LocalDB required an update, but this did not take place at all. This is very unexpected behavior when the upgrade option was selected. [...] We advise changing the database provider to SQL Express.

They gave me the same link, and I was able to follow it and restore our Lansweeper server.

All is well and the day is saved. Thank you so much! 

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now