cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisswest
Engaged Sweeper III
Good Morning,

With the 'force' upgrade to Skype 8 coming soon, I am looking at upgrading our staff to version 8. With Skype Classic, this was accomplished by using the ".msi" file. However, I cannot find an msi file for the new version, making these upgrades difficult to deploy properly.

MS has made the full "exe" available for use. I put it into our deployment share, and added an install package in LS, but it keeps failing. I tested it on my test machine using just a command prompt and the switches "skype.exe /silent" but testing this on my Windows 10 machine prompts for a UAC approval.

I have a feeling the UAC prompt is what is killing it from Lansweeper.

Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
crashff
Champion Sweeper
If you can get rid of Skype 8 altogether, you would be better off. Go up to Skype for Business or the UWP Skype versions (11.x/12.x) - but those require the App Store IIRC.

Microsoft Forums on Skype 8 Problems with UAC
Admonstrator
Engaged Sweeper
You could try to run your program as an scheduled task. This is a great way to bypass UAC.
So you need to create a task (tutorial: https://pentestlab.blog/2017/05/03/uac-bypass-task-scheduler/) and than it should work. But because you will trigger executing your task there will be no way for lansweeper to tell you if the deployment worked well ... soooo maybe it need some other way to control it.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
That would be correct. I assume your deployments are timing out because user interaction is required.

You can try and find more parameters that suppress the UAC popup, but I'm not 100% that will work. You might have to end up disabling UAC or modifying it so it doesn't interrupt the installation.

I found these parameters online that you can try: /VERYSILENT /SP- /NOCANCEL /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NOLAUNCH