cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Ennis
Engaged Sweeper
Is it possible with LanSweeper to deploy a package to PC as the user logged into LanSweeper?

I'd rather not have to use the Scanning Credentials User or Current Logged On (which seems to be the user actually on the computer).

My goal is to take away admin rights from the Scanning Credential User so we have a little more accountability as to who is doing what on our PCs (I know there's logging in LanSweeper)
4 REPLIES 4
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
For more historical recording of deployments 1 option might be to create a new report using the deployment history screen (it is a query called web50repwindeploymentlogs) and schedule that to be sent via email attachment each month for monthly logs.

If you remove admin rights from the scanning user credentials wont that prevent active scanning from successful WMI connections?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
ghelpdesk wrote:

If you remove admin rights from the scanning user credentials wont that prevent active scanning from successful WMI connections?

Correct, active directory scanning requires at least read-only right for AD and local administrative privileges on the local computers to access the WMI classes.

CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Hi Sean,

I do not believe that to be an option, unfortunately. There is scanning credentials, current logged on user, or system account.

I believe that is the same with SCCM.

Lansweeper has the report which shows which user installed the application etc, however I believe those logs are only kept for a period of time, maybe LS Support can provide some more information about the log retention time.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
CyberCitizen wrote:

Lansweeper has the report which shows which user installed the application etc, however I believe those logs are only kept for a period of time, maybe LS Support can provide some more information about the log retention time.

Deployment logs are stored for 60 days by default. However, you can change it in Configuration\History Cleanup Options.