cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toast
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I am still in the full trial version of Lansweeper and have come across a bit of an issue. While testing a Condition in the Deployment\Installer Packages, I am getting the error:

Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Credential: domain\username ShareCredential: domain\username2

I am trying to install Sophos as our company is migrating to it and this deployment would really make things easier if we could get it to work.

Path version 1: {PackageShare}\Installers\Sophos\setup.exe
Path version 2: \\computername\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\Sophos\setup.exe

I can type in version 2 into my start menu and it comes up just fine. I thought maybe it was a rights issue so I made domain\username2 a local admin for the lansweeper computer. After that didn't work, I used the deploy option "Currently Logged On", which is an Administrator account, but that didn't work either. Is there something I'm missing or need to do differently?

Thank you for any support I can receive on this.

Kind regards,
Chris
1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you use the package share in the deployment, the deployment credentials are not used to access the package share, rather the credentials you entered under Deployment\Security Options are used.

As a general troubleshooting tip we always recommend to test a command in a local CMD on a test computer first prior to entering it as a step in the deployment module. Any command that works in CMD should work in the deployment module.

For general information on deployments we recommend checking out this section of our knowledge base.

Do note that you'll likely also need additional parameters for a silent unattended remote install. These parameters differ between software packages and are entirely at the software vendor's behest. These usually require some online research.