cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morten_Pedersen
Engaged Sweeper
I am using Lansweep in Copenhagen Airports to scan 500+ servers and 2000+ clients on hundreds of subnets for software inventory. Some of the assets are for test only and therefore I am not interessted in alerts and errors in the eventlog.

Is if possible to make a group of assets not scanning or showing up on my reports?

I am NOT willing to install one more Lansweep server, as that is not pratical in regard to maintaince.

All the best.
5 REPLIES 5
Morten_Pedersen
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the suggestions. However it will not keep the computers from showing up with alerts in LanSweep.

Any plans to provide an option to mark assets as "Non production" or "Development" to keep them out of Alert reports? Or to provide more detailed exculsion of assets from parts of the scan?
Morten Pedersen wrote:
However it will not keep the computers from showing up with alerts in LanSweep.

It will, if the alerts you're referring to are the ones in the Alert Report widget of the dashboard. The reports in this widget are pulled from the Reports tab of the console and are fully modifiable. You can exclude assets from them by following the instructions in my previous post.

Morten Pedersen wrote:
Any plans to provide an option to mark assets as "Non production" or "Development" to keep them out of Alert reports?

This option already exists. I briefly mentioned this in my previous post, but assets whose state is something other than "active" are excluded from most reports. Assets are set to "active" by default, but you can manually change their state by clicking the Assets link at the top of the console, ticking the checkboxes in front of the assets, hitting the Mass Change button on the left and choosing the State option. Asset states can automatically be changed by Lansweeper as well, through the database cleanup options found under Configuration\Server Options.

As mentioned in my previous post, non-active assets will be excluded from the compliance modules as well, which you don't appear to be in favor of.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You can only disable event log scanning for all assets at once, not just for specific machines. Excluding specific machines from reports is certainly possible, but you would have to edit each report in the Reports tab separately, e.g. by adding something like this to the Criteria column of the tblAssets.AssetName or tblAssets.AssetUnique expression: Not Like '%NetBIOS name of excluded computer%'

The Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor and the snippet above is standard SQL syntax, not specific to Lansweeper. You could change the computers' state to something other than "active" as well, which would automatically exclude them from most reports. This is not a good solution however if you still want them to show up in the license compliance modules.
Morten_Pedersen
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the answer Susan.

I fully understand that I can exclude assets altogether, but that do not work for me. I need inventory from all the computers for license compliance.

So I am looking for a way to prevent scanning the eventlog of some computers or to exclude them from the alerts and reports.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You cannot prevent event log scanning on specific machines, but you *can* prevent those machines from being scanned altogether. Instructions for excluding assets from scanning can be found in this knowledge base article.