→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbuchanan
Engaged Sweeper
I have checked the: "Set computers to non-active if disabled in Active Directory" option, but the computers aren't updating in Lansweeper.

I have the correct DNS and NetBIOS name entered, and have enabled Active Scanning.

Did I miss something? Is there a way to force Lansweeper to scan AD?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jeremy_D
Champion Sweeper
The "Set computers to non-active if disabled in Active Directory" item is part of our database cleanup options. Cleanup options are *not* triggered when rescanning your computers. They only get triggered once every 24 hours or when manually restarting the Lansweeper service. During an upgrade - you went from 5.3.0.24 to 5.3.0.30 in your case - Lansweeper forces its scanning service to restart. This explains why your computers were suddenly set to non-active.

To have your computers set to non-active if disabled in AD please do either of the following:
  • Wait for the cleanup options to kick in. This happens every 24 hours. If the cleanup options were triggered four hours ago, you will have to wait another twenty hours for them to kick in again.
  • Stop and restart the Lansweeper Service as available in Windows Services and wait for the cleanup options to start. Doing this will prevent you from waiting and is most probably the most recommended solution to your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kbuchanan
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the explicit explanation! I "tested" and confirmed it worked. It took about 6 minutes to mark my "test computer" as non-active.
Jeremy_D
Champion Sweeper
The "Set computers to non-active if disabled in Active Directory" item is part of our database cleanup options. Cleanup options are *not* triggered when rescanning your computers. They only get triggered once every 24 hours or when manually restarting the Lansweeper service. During an upgrade - you went from 5.3.0.24 to 5.3.0.30 in your case - Lansweeper forces its scanning service to restart. This explains why your computers were suddenly set to non-active.

To have your computers set to non-active if disabled in AD please do either of the following:
  • Wait for the cleanup options to kick in. This happens every 24 hours. If the cleanup options were triggered four hours ago, you will have to wait another twenty hours for them to kick in again.
  • Stop and restart the Lansweeper Service as available in Windows Services and wait for the cleanup options to start. Doing this will prevent you from waiting and is most probably the most recommended solution to your problem.
kbuchanan
Engaged Sweeper
I can't replicate my "solution". I have rescanned the OU with the disabled computers, and it doesn't update as "Non-Active" in Lansweeper.

...so frustrating!
kbuchanan
Engaged Sweeper
I upgraded to from 5.3.0.24 to 5.3.0.30. I forced an AD update, and it marked the "AD-Disabled" computers as "Lansweeper-non-active".

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now