cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peckk
Engaged Sweeper II

Backstory: First I want to note that we manage 2 different domains. One for County and one for City. We have a Clerk department for the County and one for City. We recently got some new PCs for the City, and I was told that since this particular PC I was deploying was on a separate domain and has a completely different IP address, that it would be okay to name it the same name as we have for County. Example "CLRK-D-CLERK1" but looking at Lansweeper, it is showing only the asset from the County, not the one I deployed for City Clerk, and it is also displaying the city's domain within the asset, not the county domain. 

My question is, how can I fix this? Is it a quick fix or is there a mess here?

1 REPLY 1
anniep
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@peckk It seems that the Domain where the Lansweeper scanning server with these targets is located is the County Domain in this case based on the description.

If there is no trust between the City Domain and the County Domain, the configurations mentioned in this article will ensure that your Lansweeper server can correctly resolve the domain you're trying to scan: Scan untrusted domains - Lansweeper Community

Additionally, you can setup separate scanning servers for each domain, as an alternative: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/installation/set-up-an-installation-with-multiple-scanning-serve...

If any issues persist, please reach out to support@lansweeper.com

Please include: