cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ojw_cryptomathi
Engaged Sweeper
I renewed my premium license today and restarted the service.

Now I have duplicate entries for some computers and with the software report of those computers are duplicate entries for some software.

Please advise what can be done to troubleshoot the issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Verify the following:

Your version of lansweeperservice.exe should be the latest version.
In your errorlog.txt file check for any database timeouts or errors.

Lstriggering the workstation should solve the problem (if no database errors or timeouts occur)

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
LS_Profile
Engaged Sweeper
Yes very good ! LSTRIGGER.EXE can remove the duplicate entries.

But i've 2000 computers. So from LS I've export in EXCEL a list of all computers then i 've used a excel macro to keep duplicate computers only.

You can found this macro here (in french cause i'm french 😉 😞

http://syskb.com/une-macro-pour-supprimer-localiser-les-doublons-dans-un-classeur-excel/

Once i've this list, i copy it in a computers.txt file. And i launch this script from command line:

for /F %%1 IN (c:\scripts\computers.txt) do lstrigger.exe SERVER %%1 DOMAINE 9524

All duplicate entries are now deleted !

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Verify the following:

Your version of lansweeperservice.exe should be the latest version.
In your errorlog.txt file check for any database timeouts or errors.

Lstriggering the workstation should solve the problem (if no database errors or timeouts occur)
LS_Profile
Engaged Sweeper
I've duplicate entry on "tblOperatingsystem" / "tblComputersystem" / "tblSoftware" / ... maybe others ...

Look the 2 last screenshots :

LANSWEEPER count 9 OS but if I click on it to see the details i see 17 items ...
LS_Profile
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I've the same problem. I used the 3.5.2

I've a lot of duplicate entriesz. I can only select the first of them. If I delete the first entrie, the other is deleted too, so i lost all information about the concerned computer.

How can i mass deleted duplicate entries without deleted the good entrie. If you want i can send you part of tablespace if you want to investigate ...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
LS_Profile wrote:
Hi,

I've the same problem. I used the 3.5.2

I've a lot of duplicate entriesz. I can only select the first of them. If I delete the first entrie, the other is deleted too, so i lost all information about the concerned computer.

How can i mass deleted duplicate entries without deleted the good entrie. If you want i can send you part of tablespace if you want to investigate ...

In which table did you get the duplicate entries?
ojw_cryptomathi
Engaged Sweeper
I ran the sql script and re-added the computer with lsclient. So far it looks ok...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
That old topic was solved in the latest version.

I don't understand why you can't select one of the computers.

Could you try the following sql script

delete from tblcomputers where computername = 'yourcomputername'
ojw_cryptomathi
Engaged Sweeper
I did try that too. I can't select even one of the additional ones (they do not turn blue when clicked on).

I wonder if it is related to this old post:
http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst806_Double-entry.aspx
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use the CTRL and SHIFT keys to select multiple computers.