cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveyh
Engaged Sweeper II
We have recently update a piece of software on all assets, and having checked various assets, some show the old version and the latest version we have installed. I've checked the machines and there is only 1 version showing in add/remove programs.

Where does LanSweeper get this information from?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are seeing both versions in the computer's Software tab, my first guess would be that one of the users on the computer does have both versions installed. I recommend checking Add/Remove Programs on the computer for each user. If a software is installed for a specific user, it will be listed on the computer webpage if that user was logged into the computer during the last successful computer scan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are seeing both versions in the computer's Software tab, my first guess would be that one of the users on the computer does have both versions installed. I recommend checking Add/Remove Programs on the computer for each user. If a software is installed for a specific user, it will be listed on the computer webpage if that user was logged into the computer during the last successful computer scan.
daveyh
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for the reply,

This was how I thought it worked. I had already carried out the steps you suggested before I post the message. The force refresh doesn't seem to resolve the duplicate programs.

Any other ideas?

The program in question is one called Snow inventory Client. we can see the latest 3.7 and a older version 3.4 on the same machine.
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper pulls software data from the Add/Remove Programs in that Control Panel list on the client computer. Keep in mind that Software is rescanned every 24 hours by default. Could you please force the Item Wait Time by manually rescanning your assets. Click the Assets button at the top of the console, tick the checkboxes in front of the assets and click the Rescan button on the left. This will force Lansweeper to update all computer details. More information on the Item Wait Time can be found here.