cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azkor
Engaged Sweeper II
I know this should be possible, but is there a way to kick off an alert when a new system is discovered on a subnet? I have vendors who keep plugging their laptops into my domain in violation of their agreements and we would like to catch them at it if possible.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper currently does not generate emails as immediate response to scanned changes in your network, except for scanned event log entries. Details on email alerts can be found in this KB article.
What you could do is
  • Submit the relevant IP range for IP range scanning and using a short scan interval (every X hours or minutes)
  • Optionally enable the option "Scan New Windows Only" in order to avoid repeated scans of your own computers
  • Create a custom report which lists affected computers in that IP range (you need to find criteria how to find computers which don't belong to your own company)
  • Regularly have a look at this report or add it in a Data Report widget onto your Dashboard
  • Optionally set up an email alert for this report, but you only can send it out once per day

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper won't be able to scan details from Windows computers if port 135/TCP is closed. We are scanning DNS entries. Scanning of DHCP lists is not currently supported.
crashff
Champion Sweeper
The only downside to this is that if their laptop doesn't have open ports, all you'll get is an IP address and the computer name, which may make it difficult to identify the laptop or user as compared to a full pc detail screen.

If you have a Windows server running as a DHCP server, you can look in the DHCP leases to get the specific date and time the computer was issued an IP from the connection.
MR1371
Engaged Sweeper II
I agree, this would be a very welcomed feature.
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I would like to see this functionality added to Lansweeper. It would be great to know when deactivated assets are found online again or when a new asset is discovered.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper currently does not generate emails as immediate response to scanned changes in your network, except for scanned event log entries. Details on email alerts can be found in this KB article.
What you could do is
  • Submit the relevant IP range for IP range scanning and using a short scan interval (every X hours or minutes)
  • Optionally enable the option "Scan New Windows Only" in order to avoid repeated scans of your own computers
  • Create a custom report which lists affected computers in that IP range (you need to find criteria how to find computers which don't belong to your own company)
  • Regularly have a look at this report or add it in a Data Report widget onto your Dashboard
  • Optionally set up an email alert for this report, but you only can send it out once per day