cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KateZilla
Engaged Sweeper II
I have email alerts set up using a google apps for work account. I used to get the automated notifications but no longer do.

SMTP server connection test failed: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/topic/3398031?hl=en&ref_topic=3394466

I am using 587 with authentication. any ideas of what to try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The first thing I would recommend is double-checking your settings and resubmitting your password under Configuration\Email Alerts, to ensure that this is all correct. Other possible solutions are discussed in this online topic. Other Gmail users have apparently had this issue due to 2-step verification being enabled, their password no longer passing Google's security standards etc.

If the issue persists, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of any error messages you are seeing.
  • Screenshot of the Configuration\Email Alerts page.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The first thing I would recommend is double-checking your settings and resubmitting your password under Configuration\Email Alerts, to ensure that this is all correct. Other possible solutions are discussed in this online topic. Other Gmail users have apparently had this issue due to 2-step verification being enabled, their password no longer passing Google's security standards etc.

If the issue persists, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshots of any error messages you are seeing.
  • Screenshot of the Configuration\Email Alerts page.