cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadBoy
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I would like to setup some of the machines to be scanned with empty root password. Don't ask me why it has empty root password but that's how it works. Lansweeper complains about this and doesn't let me save it.

Is there a way to force it? Also is there a way to setup multiple global credentials for Linux? We have like 3-4 passwords for entire network of Linuxes and the machines change ip constantly or have a special scope like 192.168.1.15-25 one pass, etc.. and it seems lansweeper only allows 1 ip per unique password.

Is there a way to force this so we can set scopes for passwords?

With regards,
Przemek
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm sorry, but Lansweeper requires a password to make connections.
Connecting with an empty password is not possible.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm sorry, but Lansweeper requires a password to make connections.
Connecting with an empty password is not possible.
MadBoy
Engaged Sweeper
That's the thing. I really can't. Those are not ordinary PC's but a special kind of hardware called by the development team "Boards" which is a device of some sort with special purposes and no one is adding any new logins to it. I need to have them visible in Lansweeper so I can know where they are on the network, and have necessary information but I don't care if they are protected or not.
MadBoy
Engaged Sweeper
MadBoy wrote:
Hello,

I would like to setup some of the machines to be scanned with empty root password. Don't ask me why it has empty root password but that's how it works. Lansweeper complains about this and doesn't let me save it.

Is there a way to force it? Also is there a way to setup multiple global credentials for Linux? We have like 3-4 passwords for entire network of Linuxes and the machines change ip constantly or have a special scope like 192.168.1.15-25 one pass, etc.. and it seems lansweeper only allows 1 ip per unique password.

Is there a way to force this so we can set scopes for passwords?

With regards,
Przemek

OK. The new version 5.1 solves the problem of network scopes for passwords. Still password is required. Is this fixable?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MadBoy wrote:

OK. The new version 5.1 solves the problem of network scopes for passwords. Still password is required. Is this fixable?

The password is still required.
You can create a new account on the machine which has a password and use this only for Lansweeper.