→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curry
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey guys.

I can't seem to figure out how to filter out mails sent to distribuiton groups, of which my help desk mail account is a part.
For instance, my help desk account is part of all@mail.com DG. Any mail sent to all@mail.com becomes a ticket.
The closest I got is Ticket dispatching rule which sets ticket state to Closed on condition To E-mail = all@mail.com

Regards,
Curry
2 REPLIES 2
Curry
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for your answer.

That is pretty much what i figured out on my own. Unfotunately I don't have access to Exchange management > can't change dynamic distribution group ruleset.

Will this feature be added in future releases?

Regards,
Curry
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
This question was answered via mail.

In Lansweeper it is possible to setup incoming mail rules in Configuration\E-mail Settings. There you could setup a rule to ignore certain senders such as 'all@mail.com'. When a sender is ignored any mails that are sent by them are moved to the 'helpdesk_ignore' folder on your mail server. Other filters such as on 'Subject' or 'Content' can also be used to ignore specific mails.

However, if only mails that come from those groups and that have your mail account as 'To' user, then it is currently only possible to make use of the ticket dispatching rules so that they get closed. An alternative would be check if you can create a rule on your mail server that would allow you to ignore such mails.