cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skuzzi
Engaged Sweeper
We have several assets we don't want to be scanned by lansweeper, that start with VDI.

I've tried excluding them by putting making a Windows Computer exclusion; VDI% and %VDI%, however they continue to be scanned.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
if you go into the asset page for a windows one, you should 'asset excluded from scanning' in red or something at the top next to the computer name or similar... do you?

If you do, then it won't get scanned anymore, but, the asset will remain in Lansweeper. I deleted them from my assets after excluding them

skuzzi
Engaged Sweeper
JacobH wrote:
if you go into the asset page for a windows one, you should 'asset excluded from scanning' in red or something at the top next to the computer name or similar... do you?

If you do, then it won't get scanned anymore, but, the asset will remain in Lansweeper. I deleted them from my assets after excluding them

I've been deleting them every morning, or else we are out of compliance with our licensing and nothing scans. After setting up the exclusion and deleting them, they keep coming back. I was hoping I was missing something.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
are they scanned as a windows asset, or a 'vmware guest' asset?

if it's a vmware guest asset, you'll have to disable scanning of the ESX hosts, unfortunately.

I have this same issue - there's another thread on here about it... i think they are working on a better fix.
skuzzi
Engaged Sweeper
JacobH wrote:

if it's a vmware guest asset, you'll have to disable scanning of the ESX hosts, unfortunately.

I have this same issue - there's another thread on here about it... i think they are working on a better fix.

Actually after looking again, most are asset type Windows, only some were VMware guest.... so still not sure.
skuzzi
Engaged Sweeper
skuzzi wrote:
JacobH wrote:

Actually after looking again, most are asset type Windows, only some were VMware guest.... so still not sure.

Is there a way to disable scanning certain ESX host and not all of them?