cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robintre
Engaged Sweeper II
I like to use the filter to narrow a search, it's a quick way to get info without using reports. My question: Is it possible to exclude results by using a NOT in these filters?

Example: Want to know which servers don't have the last version of a particular software.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You cannot perform filtering like this within report results. You'll need to build an SQL query that lists the information you are after. For the example you mention, this should get you started: http://lansweeper.com/kb/62/How-to-find-computers-that-do-not-have-specific-software-installed.html

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PeteWilson
Engaged Sweeper II
Creating a report for quick queries is like using a sledge hammer. Sometimes you just want a quick filter. Plus there are places where filtering can be used but reports don't work.

It would be really nice if filtering were enhanced to add some operators (<> or !, <, <=, >, >=) some wildcards (% and ?) and some constants (NULL, '').
PeteWilson wrote:
Creating a report for quick queries is like using a sledge hammer. Sometimes you just want a quick filter. Plus there are places where filtering can be used but reports don't work.

It would be really nice if filtering were enhanced to add some operators (<> or !, <, <=, >, >=) some wildcards (% and ?) and some constants (NULL, '').

In these instances I export to excel and filter on whats required, if its something that will be used regularly I create a report.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature is on our wish list, but it is not a priority to be honest. You can always use an SQL report to list the information you are after.
robintre
Engaged Sweeper II
Do you think this feature could be part of future Lansweeper release?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You cannot perform filtering like this within report results. You'll need to build an SQL query that lists the information you are after. For the example you mention, this should get you started: http://lansweeper.com/kb/62/How-to-find-computers-that-do-not-have-specific-software-installed.html

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now