cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BartCl
Engaged Sweeper
hi,

I want to scan all the computers on the network for one specific font. what is the best way to do this?

when I try to scan on file in the "%windir%\fonts" folder I get no results, the same when I scan on the registry entry of this font ("SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\")

Can anyone help me or push me in the right direction.

Thx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Scanning the font file or registry entry should work just fine, but keep in mind that:
  • The FILES and REGISTRY items must be enabled for scanning under Configuration\Item Wait Time. (They should be by default though.)
  • You must submit the exact file path of the file (extension included) or the exact registry value name. Make sure the exact file/registry path is correctly submitted under Configuration\Custom Scanning.
  • Your machines must be rescanned after submitting the file/registry path. Click the Assets link at the top of the console, tick the upper checkbox, hit the Rescan button on the left and wait for the Lastseen dates listed on your computer webpages to update.

More detailed instructions for setting up file and registry scanning can be found here and here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Scanning the font file or registry entry should work just fine, but keep in mind that:
  • The FILES and REGISTRY items must be enabled for scanning under Configuration\Item Wait Time. (They should be by default though.)
  • You must submit the exact file path of the file (extension included) or the exact registry value name. Make sure the exact file/registry path is correctly submitted under Configuration\Custom Scanning.
  • Your machines must be rescanned after submitting the file/registry path. Click the Assets link at the top of the console, tick the upper checkbox, hit the Rescan button on the left and wait for the Lastseen dates listed on your computer webpages to update.

More detailed instructions for setting up file and registry scanning can be found here and here.