cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tramsey
Engaged Sweeper
Firefox Quantam is set to release on Nov. 14 - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/quantum/

The current plugin for running actions is not compatible - https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/11/firefoxplugin.html

Are there plans for compatibility? I haven't found anything on this, but am new to the forums, so I may have missed it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Update regarding this topic.

Currently, the Lansweeper plugin supports up to version 57 of Firefox. Please note that the plugin does not support experimental builds of browsers like Firefox nightly.

However, we did find a possible solution which might make your actions work again. A registry entry ordinarily created by the installer needs to be manually created:
  • Copy-paste the text below into Notepad and save the file as filename.reg
  • Run the newly created .reg file.
  • Restart Firefox
The path below is the default installation path for firefox. Please double check if it is correct for you specific installation. The plugin will only work if this file path is correct.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF]
@="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\extensions\Lansweeper\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF.json"

If you are still experiencing issues I still recommend contacting our support team for troubleshooting after reading this topic.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
wotu
Engaged Sweeper
I have helped install 64-bit firefox
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Update regarding this topic.

Currently, the Lansweeper plugin supports up to version 57 of Firefox. Please note that the plugin does not support experimental builds of browsers like Firefox nightly.

However, we did find a possible solution which might make your actions work again. A registry entry ordinarily created by the installer needs to be manually created:
  • Copy-paste the text below into Notepad and save the file as filename.reg
  • Run the newly created .reg file.
  • Restart Firefox
The path below is the default installation path for firefox. Please double check if it is correct for you specific installation. The plugin will only work if this file path is correct.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF]
@="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\extensions\Lansweeper\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF.json"

If you are still experiencing issues I still recommend contacting our support team for troubleshooting after reading this topic.
wotu
Engaged Sweeper
me too
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I have now tested version 57 & 59 both installed and portable, no change on either the Firefox installer plugin doesn't work.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Any update on this? It is still not working for myself as well. Thought maybe cause it was the portable version, installed the latest dev edition and same issue, not working. Installer runs but doesn't actually do anything, it just exits out, ran a trace program doesn't install anything.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If it is still not working it is best to send an email to the our support team as mentioned earlier with the following information:
  • List of the asset actions not working
  • Your default browser setting
  • Screenshot of your Firefox version
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.
mghabel
Engaged Sweeper II
I just downloaded and installed the latest plugin but actions still don't work.
Please help.
thanks,
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We discovered a bug in the new Firefox plugin which where as you guys mentioned some actions were not actually doing anything when the default browser was set to Firefox. If you have this problem, the best thing to do is to remove your plugin and download the latest version from this knowledgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/11/firefoxplugin.html

Since this was only a small change in the plugin, it will still have the same version number. If you still have issues after the reinstalling the plugin, send an e-mail to support@lansweeper.com so that we can further investigate it.
dzampino
Engaged Sweeper
It also silently fails for me. Any chance for an update?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now