cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB1
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there a way to trigger der software deployment of packages with a system startup script? The system startup is the best point to install software without a logon user, if WoL is not available.
10 REPLIES 10
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Thats very cool, I will give it a chance thanks for sharing it.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
What about a deployment that creates scheduled task to run at the start up?...
MB1
Engaged Sweeper III
servicedesk wrote:
What about a deployment that creates scheduled task to run at the start up?...

You mean without the use of Lansweeper?

Is a possible solution and we use it in a pre Lansweeper time. But now we have Lansweeper running and now we explore the boundaries and limitations of Lansweeper.

Some status update:
We have modify som packages and ad a simple step to prevent a installation if a user logged on.
query user | findstr /i /l "rdp console"

On the historical startup script (kixtart) we trigger a scan on system startup and if the startup script has done his normal work the script check if a deployment running
tasklist | findstr /i /c:"RemoteDeployment_"

In this case the script show a progress indicator and prevent a user logon.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Not sure if there is a process that runs when being scanned. Maybe a WMI process?
MB1
Engaged Sweeper III
now i do some Sysinternal Process Monitoring and if
tasklist | findstr /i /c:"RemoteDeployment_" 

say there is a process RemoteDeployment_x64.exe or RemoteDeployment_x86.exe the deployment is running and i wait in the system startup script until the process is not longer listed or a timeout is reached.

What I lack is recognize whether the scan has been performed or not.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
All the client does is tell the server that the asset is there to scan, there is no waiting.

If the deployment take 5 minutes, and the user logs in after 20 seconds, there is nothing you can do about that. That's nothing to do with Lansweeper or the client.
MB1
Engaged Sweeper III
I try lsclient and it works in principle but lsclient don't wait that all the work is done. The user can logon middle in the installation. I have try
start /w \\%LSServer%\%LSShare%\lsclient.exe %LSServer%
but the process don't want wait of the works end.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
Sorry LSClient...It's like lspush except it tells the sever it's there to scan
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
You could run the lsscan at system start up and have an after scan deployment based on a group or report.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now