cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpoll7428
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper Help Desk is an excellent choice for ticketing. It is not expensive, and it's pretty easy to use. I like the custom fields, and the configuration is pretty easy.

Here are some improvements we'd like to see in future versions of the help desk:

1. The ability to turn off all outgoing email to users. We want the agents to receive ticket assignment notifications, and that's it. We don't want users to receive public notes, or when an agent responds to email they received.

2. The ability to change the source once the ticket is entered would be good. I don't see that anywhere.

3. Some sort of notification (pop-up maybe) when an agent is entering a ticket for a user, and there is another ticket open for that user.

4. Allow subsequent emails (within a certain time frame) with the same subject (maybe with the addition of Fw, Fwd, or Re) to be appended to the original ticket instead of opening a new one. This was something that Spiceworks had if you can take a look at it.
5 REPLIES 5
dpoll7428
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Thank you for clarifying. I've added #1 to our customer wish list.

As for #4 I'll create a feature request for the option to customize when tickets are recognized as part of an existing ticket. I was just mentioning possible downsides to enabling this.
dpoll7428
Engaged Sweeper II
For #1.
We do not want to disable all outgoing email!
We want outgoing email to the agents when a new ticket is assigned to them (unless they assign it to themselves).
We do NOT want any emails going out to the users (those people that are not agents).

For #4.
I understand where you're coming from, but when the same email address sends another email (as a forward or reply) with the same subject (with Fw. or Re.), it would be nice if they could be appended to the ticket that is already in the system instead of opening a new ticket. It would save us from having to merge tickets.

Thanks,
Dave
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I added 2 and 3 to their respective feature requests.

1. There is already an option when configuring your mail server to disable the outgoing e-mails as shown in the screenshot below.

4. Currently e-mail are added to the ticket of which they have the correct prefix and ticket number of. This is designed so that users only have to reply to the helpdesk e-mail. If the user wants a new ticket he can send a new e-mail. Allowing e-mails without the specific ticket number to be added to a user's last ticket would cause large tickets with multiple questions. Which does not seem something you would want.

outgoing mail
jkot
Engaged Sweeper III
These are features of Remedy and GoToSupport as well. Seems too common not to include. We want to track the issue with transparency. We also want to send communication, but not on every click.