cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfarmer
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

Recently I've been asked to look over some of our network switches to see what assets are plugged in where. Luckily, Lansweeper makes this incredibly easy, which I am eternally grateful for. However, I do have a somewhat odd question that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

When a scan is performed on the switches it pulls in the various asset information, but is there a way to view what a prior scan pulled in? There are occasions where a device may be off when the scan is performed, and in those instances the scan shows nothing on that port. A collection of prior scans would create an overall complete image of what each port has had over time.

I haven't been able to find where I might do this, and I'm assuming this may be an instance where a report needs to be generated and saved in order to achieve this. While that's completely understandable, I was hoping that there might be a way to view the past three scans or past two weeks of scans in one report.

Hopefully that makes sense, and I appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone can offer. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It makes a lot of sense. However, currently, only history of specific Windows items is kept. You could indeed store the history if you wanted to. But that would require you to create a new history table in the database and make sure that history information is stored there.

I've personally never tried this, but I've seen others modifying their database to do things like this. Maybe someone else can give you some pointers on how to do it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jfarmer
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the response Charles, it's nice to know that it's possible with some tweaking. 🙂 For now I'll schedule it as a daily task to run reports on the switches, and hopefully in the future I can look at playing with the database.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It makes a lot of sense. However, currently, only history of specific Windows items is kept. You could indeed store the history if you wanted to. But that would require you to create a new history table in the database and make sure that history information is stored there.

I've personally never tried this, but I've seen others modifying their database to do things like this. Maybe someone else can give you some pointers on how to do it.