cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT-mies
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

We just added AzureAD as scanning target, expecting it to finally bring AzureAD users available as "User concerning" / "CC user" when creating a new Helpdesk ticket, but no - only AD users seem to be available in 10.6.0.0 on-premise Lansweeper. However, AzureAD users are available in asset page user relations. Is there some hidden option to get these AzureAD users available in Helpdesk? If not, how people deal with this situation generally - I doubt we are not the first organization which has users with AzureAD account only?

2 REPLIES 2
IT-mies
Engaged Sweeper

Thanks a lot! This is at least better solution than writing the AzureAD user name to ticket subject, this has been our workaround thus far. The problem with suggested solution is that it kind of creates totally a separate account for user, an account which is used only for Helpdesk section of Lansweeper. But like I said, your suggested solution is a step forward.

I wish Lansweeper would address this issue by making those AzureAD users available for linking in Helpdesk tickets as well. The current behavior looks more like a bug than a missing feature.

sethhollen
Engaged Sweeper II

Currently, there is no way to link AzureAD users to Helpdesk tickets in Lansweeper 10.6.0.0 on-premise. However, here is a workaround that you can try.

1- In Lansweeper, go to Configuration > User Access & Roles.
2- Click the Add button and select Active Directory or Workgroup user.
3- Enter the email address of the AzureAD user that you want to link to Helpdesk tickets.
4- Click the Save button.

Once you have added the AzureAD user to Lansweeper, they will be available as a "User concerning" or "CC user" when creating a new Helpdesk ticket.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now