cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlackJack
Engaged Sweeper II

We recently moved our installation, per the following document:  Although we have the server moved and it is functional, albeit the email does not work right now, and I am suspicious it is for this reason: LSMissingSrv.png

I have gone through several KB's none address this issue. How do I remove this server that is now no longer in operation. - Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We presume you are referring to helpdesk emails when you state that emails do not work right now. So please check the following:

• You can specify which scanning server is your helpdesk mail server under Configuration\E-mail Settings, as seen in the screenshot below. Ensure that this is pointing toward your new server.

Obi_1_Cinobi_0-1693379234790.png

Additionally, after setting the helpdesk mail server, ensure that you run the script in step 8 of the KB article that you followed: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/move-your-lansweeper-installation-to-a-di...

• This script will ensure that all your scanning targets are moved to the new scanning server, and it will remove the old scanning server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We presume you are referring to helpdesk emails when you state that emails do not work right now. So please check the following:

• You can specify which scanning server is your helpdesk mail server under Configuration\E-mail Settings, as seen in the screenshot below. Ensure that this is pointing toward your new server.

Obi_1_Cinobi_0-1693379234790.png

Additionally, after setting the helpdesk mail server, ensure that you run the script in step 8 of the KB article that you followed: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/move-your-lansweeper-installation-to-a-di...

• This script will ensure that all your scanning targets are moved to the new scanning server, and it will remove the old scanning server.