cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
I have a number of Hyper-V servers with a number of guests. There is a report I have that I pinned to the main dashboard that shows the Hosts, and all of the guests (among other data). That is nice and I am happy with that.

What I would like is the main asset page (think search for an asset Devsrv1 in the search box) it displays the asset link, you click that link.
you see a Summary page with RAM, last user, OS, etc etc. and MODEL says Virtual Machine. If you click virtual machine it takes you to a report of all the virtual machines.....not totally helpful.

How about when an asset is of model Virtual Machine, you display between the Model and Memory Labels, the Physical Host Name? Or you could put it under warranty or something? Is that possible in general or do I have to figure out how to do a customization? I am looking for data that obviously already exists in the DB, so yeah it could be done in a report but I want to have less clicks and not running a report all the time.
thanks!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The asset page of hyper-v guests displays a link to their host in the Hyper-V field which can be found under the asset location. For VMware guests a "VMware" field can be found in the same place. This field only exists though if the host of the virtual machine has also been scanned.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
THANKS! I feel like an ID-10-T totally spaced that field and don't see it.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The asset page of hyper-v guests displays a link to their host in the Hyper-V field which can be found under the asset location. For VMware guests a "VMware" field can be found in the same place. This field only exists though if the host of the virtual machine has also been scanned.