cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troz
Engaged Sweeper
Hello all, how on earth do i tell Lansweeper to ignore certain software from its scanning rules, there is alot of software in the DB that i want to ignore and i am only interested in some....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper's software scanning procedure retrieves anything listed in Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features) on your client machines. You cannot tell Lansweeper not to scan certain software packages, if this is what you're asking. You can however build your own report under Reports\Create New Report that only lists the packages you are interested in. If you are trying to perform license compliance, you can use the license compliance module documented here as well, which allows you to pick and choose which software packages to monitor.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper's software scanning procedure retrieves anything listed in Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features) on your client machines. You cannot tell Lansweeper not to scan certain software packages, if this is what you're asking. You can however build your own report under Reports\Create New Report that only lists the packages you are interested in. If you are trying to perform license compliance, you can use the license compliance module documented here as well, which allows you to pick and choose which software packages to monitor.