cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

LS 11.2:

Changed: LAN-16076 Improved the AD data cleanup functionality and added the option to throttle the volume of requests.

@Obi_1_Cinobi 

Could you explain about these options? I can't find.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Sure! In previous versions, our AD cleanup was querying the domain controllers a bit too enthusiastically. Think multiple thousands of times per minute. Our developers have optimized most of the code that cleans up the active directory records. The newer code should greatly reduce the amount of connections being created/dropped.

View solution in original post

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

There is not, but if you still experience a high load, you can use a new app setting:

AdCleanupThrottleTimeMs

Here you can put the amount of milliseconds the system should wait between every AD call (so 1000 for 1 second). If needed, this should limit the load on your domain controller. You can add this in the <appsettings> section in the Lansweeperservice.exe.config file of the service.

I have not tested this setting myself yet, and for further questions I will need to check with the developers. 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Sure! In previous versions, our AD cleanup was querying the domain controllers a bit too enthusiastically. Think multiple thousands of times per minute. Our developers have optimized most of the code that cleans up the active directory records. The newer code should greatly reduce the amount of connections being created/dropped.

Is there user interface to tune throttle?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

There is not, but if you still experience a high load, you can use a new app setting:

AdCleanupThrottleTimeMs

Here you can put the amount of milliseconds the system should wait between every AD call (so 1000 for 1 second). If needed, this should limit the load on your domain controller. You can add this in the <appsettings> section in the Lansweeperservice.exe.config file of the service.

I have not tested this setting myself yet, and for further questions I will need to check with the developers. 😉

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now