cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RemyChagnon
Engaged Sweeper

I would like to install Lansweeper on a virtual machine and the database on another virtual machine, is this possible?
If so, how do we proceed because I can't find any documentation or tutorial on this subject.

I would like the database on the second machine to be with Microsoft SQL

Capture.PNG

13 REPLIES 13

I simply have to select "New Lansweeper Database" on the virtual machine which will contain the database?
and select the other two options by installing lansweeper on the machine that will host the application?

Thibo
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

This is correct. Only the components that are selected during the installation will be installed on the appropriate virtual machine. We would recommend installing the database first. Afterward, you will be asked which database instance the Lansweeper scanning service should connect to when running the installer on the other virtual machine.

Thank you for your answer but I have to use Microsoft SQL and not SQL Server from Lansweeper, are there any prerequisites for implementation? What configuration of Microsoft SQL is recommended, what services should be added?

How do I tell Lansweeper when installing it on the other virtual machine that it must connect to the other virtual machine where the database is located? I can't find any pictorial documentation.

Thibo
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi there! You can indeed use a separate Microsoft SQL Server to host the Lansweeper database. To ensure the Lansweeper scanning service can use the database instance, please review the following KB article: Configure SQL Server instance to host Lansweeper

Additionally, performing an "Advanced installation" on your other virtual machine will give you the option to select "SQL Server", and afterward, you will be asked which SQL instance to connect to. You can check out this KB article for more information: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/installation/install-lansweeper-on-prem/ta-p/64321#:~:text=close...

On this article  Configure SQL Server instance to host Lansweeper
They do not explain to us how to configure Microsoft SQl for Lansweeper from A to Z, they explain how to correct an error.
The article assumes that the SQL instance is already made, but that is what I am trying to do

Thibo
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi! We do not have specific Lansweeper documentation on installing Microsoft SQL Server because it is not a Lansweeper-specific product. We recommend reviewing Microsoft (or any third-party) documentation that may guide you when installing SQL Server.

You can read documentaion https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/installation/set-up-an-installation-with-multiple-scanning-serve...

It's default schema for LS  multi-scan servers: many scan-servers - one DB.