cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rivanna-helpdes
Engaged Sweeper
In deployment, how do you add a package step that will read a license key? I am trying to set up an installer package for a Phish alert in outlook. It is with Knowbe4. It comes with a license key. I can't find an example under installers that shows one with a step to get the license key so that it will install. Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
rivanna-helpdes
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks! I have the instructions on methods. I am trying to use the deployment function in Lansweeper to install on the computers in the company vs. active directory. I didn't know if there was a way around adding a condition or another step that will read the key that comes with the software. 🙂 thanks for your input

Connie
rivanna-helpdesk wrote:
Thanks! I have the instructions on methods. I am trying to use the deployment function in Lansweeper to install on the computers in the company vs. active directory. I didn't know if there was a way around adding a condition or another step that will read the key that comes with the software. 🙂 thanks for your input

Connie

Normally you would read the MSI with something like Orca and embed the license key in a MST file, then reference that MST when installing. If you need more assistance, please reach out.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Usually instructions on how to deploy specific software are documented somewhere by the software publisher. Since every software is different, the method used to provide a license key with a deployment can also vary in each software.

I looked around on their website but aside from them mentioning an MSI deployment, I didn't find much. Might be best to contact them and ask for deployment guidelines or parameters.