cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_W_
Engaged Sweeper II
I have a bunch of assets that are not getting an IP Location as configured in Asset Groups. They are all showing as Undefined despite having an named IP Location assigned to their IP range.

We recently added additional scanning servers, and I added a broad IP range to the new scanning server. It seems that the devices being scanned by this new server are the ones that are getting Undefined IP locations. The subnet has been rescanned after setting up the IP Locations.

I have configured the SQL username and password as well as synced the encryption keys according the KB articles. All other device data is coming in as expected, so I don't think there are any problems with access.

Can anyone make any recommendations about what I could try next?

Thanks!
Andrew
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
IP Locations should be automatically updated as soon as the asset's assigned IP address is within the range specified in Configuration\Asset Groups. To ensure this is not an old issue which has since been resolved, we recommend updating to the latest version of Lansweeper (6.0.150.60). Update instructions can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/118/updating-your-installation.html

If you are on the latest version, I'd recommend sending a ticket to our support team with the following information:
  • An excel output of the report below.
  • Screenshots of one problem client machine's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors (if it exists).
  • A screenshot of your IP Locations under Configuration\Asset Groups
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.
Select Top 1000000 tsysIPLocations.*
From tsysIPLocations
Andrew_W_
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
IP Locations should be automatically updated as soon as the asset's assigned IP address is within the range specified in Configuration\Asset Groups. To ensure this is not an old issue which has since been resolved, we recommend updating to the latest version of Lansweeper (6.0.150.60). Update instructions can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/118/updating-your-installation.html

If you are on the latest version, I'd recommend sending a ticket to our support team with the following information:
  • Screenshots of one problem client machine's Lansweeper webpage. Show us the following tabs: Summary, Scan Time, Errors (if it exists).
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data\web_errorlog.txt, if it exists.
From tsysIPLocations

I have emailed support with the documents requested, LAN #634010 in the subject line.
Andrew_W_
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:

From tsysIPLocations

I am showing that all of my scanning servers and web server are running version 6.0.150.60. I will work on gathering the information that you suggested to open a ticket.

Thank you,
Andrew