cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisswest
Engaged Sweeper III
First off, pardon me if this is posted in the wrong area. Our team has had LanSweeper for about a week total now.

We finally received the go ahead from the higher ups to remove Java from every machine in our environment. As you can imagine, we are anxious to do so. I see some folks have designed custom packages to update java, but I havent found an uninstaller yet.

Has anyone made a custom deployment package to uninstall Java, and I'm just missing it?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If Java was installed with MSI, we recommend using the MSIUninstall step. Note that MSI needs the exact GUID of a software as parameter (which is why we provided the MSIUninstall step, so you can select the software to be uninstalled from a list).

Create one step per existing version of Java in your network. Either deploy the package only on machines having one specific version installed (using reports or dynamic asset groups) or add a condition step in your package which checks the installed version before uninstalling.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If Java was installed with MSI, we recommend using the MSIUninstall step. Note that MSI needs the exact GUID of a software as parameter (which is why we provided the MSIUninstall step, so you can select the software to be uninstalled from a list).

Create one step per existing version of Java in your network. Either deploy the package only on machines having one specific version installed (using reports or dynamic asset groups) or add a condition step in your package which checks the installed version before uninstalling.