cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pipesk
Engaged Sweeper II

I am new to Lansweeper. We have the Classic version installed and hosted onsite. Using the web console, not the Cloud Site. 

I have a brand-new PC and I have been trying to configure Edge to run actions from the web console, namely the "Uninstall software" action which would be a life saver.

I keep getting the same error about browser configuration (see screenshot below). I have followed the instructions in this help article that is linked in the pop-up, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 140023.png

Replied to the fix provided by Obi_1_Cinobi  ,but wanted to start a new thread that's Edge focused since the OP's issues was with Chrome, which was blocked in our enterprise environment a couple months ago. 

Appreciate and help with this. It will solve alot of challenges with cleaning up our environment. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @pipesk 

The remote uninstaller tool is an old tool that was deprecated years ago. You can use the Deployment option (https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/deploying-software-other-changes/create-a-deployment-package/ta-...) to uninstall software with the MSIUninstaller feature. It allows you to silently uninstall MSI software packages from the target computer by selecting from a list of scanned software. Non-MSI packages can be uninstalled using deployments as well, but then you must choose a different type of step and specify the exact uninstall command as found on the software vendor's website.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pipesk
Engaged Sweeper II

Ok. That makes since. Our team uses separate user and administrator accounts. I was attempting to run the action while singed into my desktop and my standard user which doesn't have any administrator right, accept locally on my PC. 

We provisioned a service account for Lansweeper, but I believe it only has read-only access for scanning the network. I could be wrong about that. Not sure how to verify. I've been at the company and using Lansweeper for all of 2 weeks. The guy who set most of it up and built all the reports is gone and left little documentation. 

I'll try logging into as domain admin and see if that changes anything. I'm still curious why it gives the error that my browser isn't configured properly...

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @pipesk,

Browser actions are executed under the account that your browser is running, which in most cases is the logged-in Windows account.

So if you run a specific action, the account must also have that access. Lansweeper itself does not bypass that. The only credentials the application knows of are scanning credentials, but these do not necessarily have permission to run the action.

For example, you need to use an account with that permission to uninstall software. Could you try with another account or give your account that permission on the target machine?

pipesk
Engaged Sweeper II

@David_GF , I tested out this theory to see if it would solve the issue. I logged into my PC as a domain administrator. For good measure, I also ran Edge as administrator to test running the action, and I got the same "web browser configuration error".

I also out of curiosity attempted to run each basic action, as well as the advanced action. Each one produced the same error.  

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @pipesk, in this case, you should create a Support case at https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/ as we might need to look into the logs to troubleshoot it.

pipesk
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you @David_GF.  I was preparing to enter a ticket, but out of curiosity, I decided to link our scanning serve to Cloud site. Lo and behold, I can use some of the action now. I am still having issues with primary action I was attempting to run, which is th Uninstall software action. I cannot find any documentation on it in the knowledge base. 

The problem I have is when I attempt to run the Uninstall application, I get an error that says, "Cannot connect to WMI service on "computername.domainname.com" 

pipesk_0-1692827170871.png

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @pipesk 

The remote uninstaller tool is an old tool that was deprecated years ago. You can use the Deployment option (https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/deploying-software-other-changes/create-a-deployment-package/ta-...) to uninstall software with the MSIUninstaller feature. It allows you to silently uninstall MSI software packages from the target computer by selecting from a list of scanned software. Non-MSI packages can be uninstalled using deployments as well, but then you must choose a different type of step and specify the exact uninstall command as found on the software vendor's website.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now