cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ammayer
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper 6019 and Chrome 49.2623. I have confirmed the plugin has been installed in Chrome. However when I click on an asset function nothing happens? OS is Windows 10 with standard user permissions. My original suspicion was Software Restriction Policies but Event Viewer shows nothing wrong. Is there any additional troubleshooting steps I can take to see why this isn't working?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you ensure the extension components are installed as well. The Chrome extension won't work without the extension components. Installation instructions for the extension and components can be found here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
Hello,

I had the same issue with some actions (Reboot and Shutdown in particular). Whatever I tried nothing happened when I clicked any of these.

The problem is not the LS-extension itself but the way it runs these commands.
If you click let's take shutdown for example, the console sends the command to your local commandline to execute.
However as my account is not a domain admin the command fails (error code 5 blabla...access denied).
I tried to run it in a fresh commandline window using runas and my domain admin account, surprise it worked.

Now a further issue I had with runas is that it accepts a user name but no password.
So I used psexec and changed the command in the action settings from "shutdown -s -m \\{smartname}" to "psexec -u Domain\Admin -p Password shutdown -s -m \\{smartname}".
I could as well just use "runas /user /savecred" to save the password after first use of the action or only "runas /user" and enter it every time but that was no option for me.
Having the password entered in plain text for sure isn't ideal as well but the ones having access to these commands are my co-workers from the IT so I think that shouldn't be an issue as long as I make sure that noone else has access to this commands.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
No, it is normal for this to be included. I recommend:
  • Double-checking whether the extension components were added to Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application.
  • Double-checking whether the extension is visible and enabled under about:extensions in your browser.
  • Restarting your browser.
  • If the issue persists, trying a different browser as a test. Configuration instructions for Internet Explorer and Firefox can be found here and here.
ammayer
Engaged Sweeper
Susan,

Thanks for the article. Unfortunately it is still not working. When I hover over the quick actions I do see 'false' in the target link. Could that have anything to do with it?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you ensure the extension components are installed as well. The Chrome extension won't work without the extension components. Installation instructions for the extension and components can be found here.