cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daly211
Engaged Sweeper
I've built a faster PC to run Lansweeper on, so I was planning on migrating all the data to this new PC. We use the SQL Compact mode, and I've run into a couple of issues. I have been following this guide (http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/17/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.html) and it has worked perfectly, database was migrated over successfully. However, I have made custom asset type called locations. I have made maps that I have placed different assets on. All of different location names (1st floor, 2nd floor etc...) are there, but no image of the map nor assets. On the widgets page is where I created the Locations. Seems like that data didn't copy over. The version I am running is v.5150. Any suggestions how to migrate this data over, There are over 1000 asset plots that span over several locations and I want to avoid manually placing them again. Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Replied to via email. The customer was running a 5.0 web console with a 5.1 Lansweeper service. Asset locations were not yet included in Lansweeper 5.0, so will not work correctly in a 5.0 console. Upgrading all Lansweeper components (including the web console) to the latest 5.1 release will resolve the issue.

The screenshots at the beginning of this forum topic must be from the old 5.1 server, not the new (partially 5.0) server. This wasn't immediately clear to us. It was our understanding that the screenshots came from the new server and that the asset locations were working as expected, except for the location images and the links on the computer pages.

We're not sure how the web console and service versions of the new server got out of sync. If you move an SQL Compact installation to another server, you'll generally perform an Easy Install on the new server. An Easy Install installs all Lansweeper components at the same time, on the same machine, so they should all be the same Lansweeper version.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Replied to via email. The customer was running a 5.0 web console with a 5.1 Lansweeper service. Asset locations were not yet included in Lansweeper 5.0, so will not work correctly in a 5.0 console. Upgrading all Lansweeper components (including the web console) to the latest 5.1 release will resolve the issue.

The screenshots at the beginning of this forum topic must be from the old 5.1 server, not the new (partially 5.0) server. This wasn't immediately clear to us. It was our understanding that the screenshots came from the new server and that the asset locations were working as expected, except for the location images and the links on the computer pages.

We're not sure how the web console and service versions of the new server got out of sync. If you move an SQL Compact installation to another server, you'll generally perform an Easy Install on the new server. An Easy Install installs all Lansweeper components at the same time, on the same machine, so they should all be the same Lansweeper version.
daly211
Engaged Sweeper
Email has been sent. Thanks for your quick reply!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you run the following report and send the result to support@lansweeper.com:

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets1.AssetName As AssetName1,
tsysAssetRelationTypes.Name,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets1.ServiceVersion,
tblAssets1.Scanserver
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetRelations
On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetRelations.ParentAssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetRelationTypes On tsysAssetRelationTypes.RelationTypeID =
tblAssetRelations.Type
Inner Join tblAssets tblAssets1 On tblAssetRelations.ChildAssetID =
tblAssets1.AssetID
Where tsysAssetRelationTypes.Name = 'is located in'
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to copy all custom files that you had on your old server to your new server.
The images of the locations you can find at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\assetpictures
daly211
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
You need to copy all custom files that you had on your old server to your new server.
The images of the locations you can find at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\assetpictures

All files have been copied over to the correct folders. That still isn't working. any other ideas? You can see in the attached pictures, that the "Asset location" field is missing from the new server.