cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blasto
Engaged Sweeper III
We're scanning Olympus Dictation software licenses in the registry. Lansweeper picks them up for all workstations, but only has some workstations listed under Recovered license keys. The rest are just found in the scanned registry section.

So it only counts certain workstations as having a valid license. Everything is identical between the two workstations that I can find. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If you want to ensure all items for a specific asset are rescanned, you should be able to the Rescan Asset button on an individual asset's asset page. You could also temporarily change the scan interval of the 'serialnumber' item to 0 under Scanning\Scanned Item Interval.
blasto
Engaged Sweeper III
This is what I found: Serialnumber 40 02/09/2017 12:02:02 0.53

Which is weird, because I ran a Rescan all assets on the asset page several times yesterday and the day before.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you check on the computer where the license key entry is missing, but it was found using custom registry scanning, that the 'Serialnumber' item was recently updated? You can check this in the scan time tab (of the asset page), individual scanned items can be viewed there, together with information regarding their last scan.
blasto
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes sir, the registry scan is picking up both value and valuename. I just cropped it out of the screenshot. I've tried rescanning every way I can think of.

It's very bizarre. One computer picks it up under license key, the other acts like it doesn't exist. But it still finds it under registry scan.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume your registry scan is picking up both the valuename as well as the value and you've cut off the value from your screenshot for privacy purposes? If no value is found for the valuename that would explain though.

Do note that only a Rescan under the assets tab or a Rescan Asset on an asset page will override the scanned item interval for license keys. As a sidenote, you can adjust the intervals for scanning items under Scanning\Scanned Item Interval.
blasto
Engaged Sweeper III
The Scanning\File & Registry Scanning section is picking up the registry key, so it's definitely there. For some reason the Software\License Key scanner won't pick it up on certain machines. It's very baffling.

We've re-scanned all the assets that the Software\License scanner haven't picked up, but still no luck. Any other ideas?
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
It's important to note that the scanned information in the Software\License Keys section of an asset page and the Config\Scanned Info\Registry Keys section are set up in different sections in your web console and are not related to each other. Software\License Keys (asset page) registry keys to be scanned are set up under Software\License Key Settings in the web console while Config\Scanned Info\Registry Keys are set up under Scanning\File & Registry Scanning.

If certain license keys are not retrieved during scanning for device A but they are retrieved for device B, we would expect that either:
  • The license key scanning was not refreshed for device A, this item has a scanning interval of 40 (days), you can trigger a rescan of all items for an asset by clicking the Rescan Asset button on the asset page.
  • The license key was not found on the system in the location you've set up and enabled under Software\License Key Settings, check the local registry on the computer itself, the value may be missing