cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper is showing only 142 assets at our main location. When I sort by IP address, the final class C address that Lansweeper shows is 192.168.56.147.

A ping sweep by Angry IP shows live address up to, and including 192.168.56.253.

I created and ran a report to show ALL assets at this location, and it still fell short, ending at 192.168.56.147.

I re-scanned this location using Configurations\Scanning Methods, from IP 192.168.56.1 to IP 192.168.56.255, with the same results.

I'm not sure what is going on here.

Help Please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
Found it!

Some how, in the Asset Group for "Eugene OR 56", the "IP-range end" got set to 192.168.56.155, instead of 192.168.56.255.
This Asset Group used to show the whole range, so it took me a while to even think of this piece of the puzzle. I'm not sure if it was a human error, or otherwise, but thank you for all your help, as your suggested trouble shooting tips did help me to find and correct the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
Found it!

Some how, in the Asset Group for "Eugene OR 56", the "IP-range end" got set to 192.168.56.155, instead of 192.168.56.255.
This Asset Group used to show the whole range, so it took me a while to even think of this piece of the puzzle. I'm not sure if it was a human error, or otherwise, but thank you for all your help, as your suggested trouble shooting tips did help me to find and correct the issue.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You would have to test some of the assets with testconnection.exe (Windows computers) or devicetester.exe (non-Windows) to determine why they're not being detected. The aforementioned tools can be found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server. Without testing, you can only guess as to what the problem might be. The Windows computer could be firewalled, the printer could be using a different SNMP community string etc.

You appear to own a Lansweeper Professional license as well, which is limited to 1000 assets. Everything you see listed when you click the Assets link at the top of the console counts towards your asset limit, except for monitors. If you've reached your limit, which you can verify under Configuration\Your License, this could also explain why no more assets are being scanned. All scanning of new and existing assets will stop. Ordinarily, you are notified of reaching your limit every time you access the console. You can upgrade your license or delete some assets to continue scanning.
IFIT
Engaged Sweeper III
Yep, that is true, but these assets include Windows 7 computers, printers, etc. that are the same models as the others that are showing up.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
By default, an asset is only generated for an IP address if data can be pulled from one or more of the following protocols on the device: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, JetDirect, MOB (Managed Object Browser), SIP, SMTP, SNMP (SNMPv1, SNMPv2 or SNMPv3), SSH, Telnet, WMI. If none of the aforementioned protocols are enabled, no asset will be generated, even if the IP address can successfully be pinged.

You can tick Save Pinged IP for your ranges under Configuration\Scanning Methods to force assets to be generated for all pingable IPs, but no device data will be available unless a protocol is enabled on the device. More info on network device scanning requirements can be found in this knowledge base article.