cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iain_S___
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all...

Newbie with no clue...

I am a father in a busy household. In our house we have a cat5e network with a patch panel and a network switch connecting through an ADSL router.

5 Pc's in use, 3 games consoles numerous smart phones tablets etc...

All I need is a simple programme that I can use to monitor my network to see who or what is connected and the ability to disconnect and or stop access if required.

Questions are...

Is the Lansweeper suitable for my needs?

Or way to advanced and I should give up?

I can't seem to get past the Username and Password setup...

Thank you,

Iain...S
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

We recommend having a look at our trial and online documentation . Lansweeper was not designed to detect "rogue" devices and/or deny network access to these devices. It does a lot of other things however, much more than you require.

When your trial expires, the software will revert to freeware mode. Important to note about the freeware version of Lansweeper:
∙ Only supports scanning with the LsClient scanning method, which does not scan network devices: http://lansweeper.com/kb/7/how-to-scan.html
∙ Supports just one domain/workgroup
∙ No VMware or Hyper-V host scanning
∙ No SQL Server scanning
∙ No warranty scanning
∙ No hardware or software history tracking
∙ No (software or OS) product key scanning
∙ No access to the report builder
∙ No active directory integration
∙ No report/event log email alerts
∙ No access to technical support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

We recommend having a look at our trial and online documentation . Lansweeper was not designed to detect "rogue" devices and/or deny network access to these devices. It does a lot of other things however, much more than you require.

When your trial expires, the software will revert to freeware mode. Important to note about the freeware version of Lansweeper:
∙ Only supports scanning with the LsClient scanning method, which does not scan network devices: http://lansweeper.com/kb/7/how-to-scan.html
∙ Supports just one domain/workgroup
∙ No VMware or Hyper-V host scanning
∙ No SQL Server scanning
∙ No warranty scanning
∙ No hardware or software history tracking
∙ No (software or OS) product key scanning
∙ No access to the report builder
∙ No active directory integration
∙ No report/event log email alerts
∙ No access to technical support