cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechGuy
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello, for two days now, I have been attempting to launch my lansweeper with no success. The only thing I suspect is that I may have flooded the lansweeper webserver with too many LSPush tasks from my client devices. Is that possible? I wonder if I had too many devices sending LSPush data to the scan lansweeper server. Now that I am getting an Err_Connection_Refused erro, what do I do? Thanks!

PS: When I try access the page from another browser on a different device, I get a "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" error.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
do you have access to the server itself?
assuming you do?
1) check the services in services.msc are running for the world wide web service
2) check the service for the database is running (depends what you use, sql or other)
2a) check local firewall settings on that server in case someone/something is blocking 80 or 443
3) assuming those are running, launch the browser on that server itself and see if you can connect there
3a) you could try http://lanssweeperserver/lansweeper.ico that should simply bring up an icon (if that does then the web server is running might be an issue serving the aspx or its content from there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TechGuy
Engaged Sweeper II
What basically did was restart the computer a few more times and then check if the services are all running. I then checked the the icon link you shared and got it to display the icon. I still do not know what was going on, but all seems to be back to normal now. Well, I must say that I also went and tweaked the LSPush task settings on my clients so they are not all sending data all at once to the server and cause a DoS. Thanks!
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
do you have access to the server itself?
assuming you do?
1) check the services in services.msc are running for the world wide web service
2) check the service for the database is running (depends what you use, sql or other)
2a) check local firewall settings on that server in case someone/something is blocking 80 or 443
3) assuming those are running, launch the browser on that server itself and see if you can connect there
3a) you could try http://lanssweeperserver/lansweeper.ico that should simply bring up an icon (if that does then the web server is running might be an issue serving the aspx or its content from there.